A personal relationship with God brings inner peace and relevance to our lives. Real worship of God is a lifestyle that brings joy as we live under the Lordship of Jesus Christ and make praying, studying, and serving the focus of our lives.
Our church is committed to leading men, women, boys and girls into a vital and growing relationship with Jesus Christ. The Bible calls this process “Discipleship”. Our path to discipleship is:
To a caring, supportive community in Christ
“…fervently love one another from the heart…” 1 Peter 1:22
- Because we believe, we belong to the community of Christ, both the community of Christians throughout the world and the local community of believers.
- By belonging to a local community of believers we have the opportunity to experience close, secure, Christ-centered relationships. Through these relationships, we care for each other by showing our concern for and interest in each other’s lives. We support each other by furnishing the emotional, physical, and spiritual assistance that we all need on our journey through this life.
We celebrate our new life in Christ
“Therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace in God through our Lord Jesus Christ…and we rejoice…” Romans 5:1-2
- Through our faith in Jesus Christ, we have been given a new life. This life is comprised of the new and growing relationship we have with God the Father, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, and the community of believers.
- We rejoice and celebrate our God and the favor He has extended to us to live in and experience all the pleasures of an eternal relationship with Him.
- We also celebrate our mutual brotherhood in Jesus Christ.
Individuals who reflect Christ’s maturity
“…until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measures of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.” Ephesians 4:13
- Christ desires that His church be mature and useful to God. But the church is only as mature as each individual part.
- Therefore, we desire to become useful, mature Disciples of Christ, reflecting His maturity. Established, yet growing in the Word, in prayer, in relationship with God and His children, in our daily life and witness, and in our love for others, so that we might be effective ministers of Christ to the church, the Grand Rapids, MN community, and the world.
Jesus Christ to our community and world
“…and you shall be My witness both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.” Acts 1:8
We endeavor to bring the realities of Jesus Christ to our community and world in four ways by:
- Promoting the character of Jesus Christ in our lives and the lives of fellow believers
- Being ready for opportunities to share the specific truth of God’s love and the plan for the forgiveness of man’s sin
- Promoting Biblical truth and its relevance to every aspect of life
- Corporate awareness, prayer, and support of chosen mission programs.