Life is better in community.
While Sunday morning church services are an important gathering time, it’s hard to know how someone is really doing if you only see them for a few minutes in passing once a week.
We want people to experience real life-on-life discipleship – with all the laughter and mess, joy and pain, extraordinary and mundane that goes with it. Which is why we encourage everyone to be in a community group.
In a community group you can expect:
- To share a meal together – conversation shared over a meal helps people relax and share more of their life.
- To enjoy each other – through conversation, prayer and having fun. Save the studying for a separate time.
- To leave an open seat – these groups are intended to be a place where those who don’t know Jesus or don’t go to church would feel welcome. Invite people. Expect to grow.
- To be a blessing – as Christians, we’re called to bless others. Each group finds a way to love and bless those around them.
DNA Groups: Discipleship—Nurturing— Accountability
This is where the studying comes in. DNA groups form within each community group, men with the men and women with the women. DNA groups:
- Meet regularly and separately from the main group
- Disciple one another through bible studies, mentoring, and book studies
- Encourage each other
- Help one another grow in the Word
- Hold one another accountable
- Train each other to serve in tangible ways
- Pray for one another
- Point everyone to Jesus
Get a “Taste of Community Groups”
We regularly offer a Taste of Community Groups event. The best way to learn about a community group is to experience one in a home setting while being able to ask all the questions you may have. Once you’ve experienced a Taste of Community Group, you’ll know more what to expect and we will know better how to get you into a current group or incorporate you into a new group. Or maybe you’ll want to start one of your own.
If you are interested in joining a community group or attending the next Taste of Community Groups, you can sign up online or call/email Michelle Schwake, Community Groups Administrator.
Contact: Michelle Schwake | 952-240-0903