- This event has passed.
Back Yard BBQ Week
August 20, 2017 - August 26, 2017
Get to know your neighbors better over a meal. In the spirit of loving your neighbor, we are encouraging everyone to participate in Back Yard BBQ week. Sometime during this week, invite families to your house for a BBQ.
If you know you’ll be having kids over, you have the option of bringing in our Children’s Ministry team to engage the children in fun songs, games, crafts and stories about Jesus while the adults relax and talk. If you want something a little more low-key, we have resources that you can check out like a big parachute, a list of games, etc. The deadline for requesting a CM Team or resources is August 13th!
What to do:
- Pick a date & time during Back Yard BBQ week
- Plan your menu (keep it simple or make it a potluck)
- Invite your neighbors
- Pray for the people who will be coming!
- Call Sarah Schrapp if you will have children attending and want to have a Children’s Ministry Team organize activities for them
- Enjoy the BBQ!
- Take a group photo (selfie). We will draw a winner from all entries to receive a BBQ gift package!
- Send any pictures to Michelle Schwake and share any cool stories that come out of the evening so we can share them with the entire congregation
We encourage you to use this week as a springboard to getting to know your neighbors better and growing your relationships with them. If you’re in a DNA group maybe you can all provide the meal for one of your member’s neighbors, or each of you invite a family.
Let’s reach out in love to our community during Back Yard BBQ week!