- This event has passed.
Feed My Starving Children Community Mobile Pack
December 9, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Feed My Starving Children is coming to Grand Rapids for a Community Mobile Pack!
This mobile pack event will be held at Assemblies of God church. Volunteer registration will be online only beginning Sunday, Oct. 29. We will send an all-church communication to remind you. Once registration is open sign up quickly for there are limited spots and it is a very popular event.
- Friday, Dec 8, 6-8 PM: Set Up, 30 people
- Saturday, Dec 9, 9-11 AM: Shift 1 , 8 stations, 150 packers
- Saturday, Dec 9, 12-2 PM: Shift 2, 8 stations, 150 packers
- Saturday, Dec 9, 2:30-4:30 PM: Shift 3, 8 stations, 150 packers
- Saturday Dec 9, 4:30-6:30 PM: Clean Up, 30 people
What is the Minimum age for volunteering:
The minimum age for volunteering is 5 years old. For safety reasons, children under the age of 5 are not allowed to participate in packing sessions. For schools, churches, sports teams, or other large groups of youth, please follow our student-to-adult ratio when registering:
*We recommend that groups of youth be third grade or older.
- Grades K-2: 1 student to 1 adult*
- Grades 3-6: 3 students to 1 adult
- Grades 7-9: 4 students to 1 adult
- Grades 10-12: 5 students to 1 adult
GREFC’s Student Ministries are planning to volunteer during the last shift and are hoping to have some parents help during that time as well to accommodate the recommended ratios of students to adults.
You can donate money to the event, find FAQs such as what to wear and ages of children allowed to participate, and register for a volunteer spot on the event website.