Being new can be uncomfortable. You feel like everyone is looking at you yet you’re worried no one will say “hi”. You don’t know quite where to go and what to do.
Relax. We’re here to help. We welcome a chance to talk with you face to face or over the phone to help answer your questions. Click here to Contact Us.
Together in Christ means we desire to become a community that believes in and follows Jesus (who is the Christ, which means the anointed one of God). We want to become like a family that relies on one another and takes care of one another because we are “in Christ”.
Making Him Known means that through helping others, getting to know them, and earning the right to share our story with them, we can tell them about Jesus and show them what it means to follow Him. We can show them how good that is and the joy it brings. We always strive to do this gently, kindly, lovingly.
How We Do It
Just like babies don’t go directly from crawling to running a race, neither do we. As we come to know Jesus, He desires that our lives change to reflect His life in this world. This process is called discipleship, which implies four components as we look to become like Jesus: Belonging, Believing, Becoming, and Bringing.
“…love one another as if your lives depend on it…” 1 Peter 1:22 (The Message)
- Belonging begins by belonging to Jesus and implies that we put our faith in Him and believe that He died for us and brings us into the family of His father, who is God.
- Belonging to Jesus invites us to belong to each other and is necessary for our life as followers of Jesus. By belonging to a local community of believers, we have the opportunity to experience close, secure, Jesus-centered relationships. Belonging to each other moves us to care for each other by showing our concern for and interest in each other’s lives, and we support each other by furnishing the emotional, physical, and spiritual assistance that each of us need on our journey through this life.
“So faith comes from hearing, that is, hearing the Good News about Christ.” Romans 10:17 (New Living Translation)
- Through our faith in Jesus Christ, we have been given a new life. This life is comprised of the new and growing relationship we have with God the Father, Jesus Christ (God’s son), the Holy Spirit, and the community of believers.
- God has revealed himself through the Bible, and as we come to know Him through the Bible and believe His great love for us, He changes our hearts and lives.
“…until we’re all moving rhythmically and easily with each other, efficient and graceful in response to God’s Son, fully mature adults, fully developed within and without, fully alive like Christ.” Ephesians 4:13 (The Message)
- Jesus desires that His followers be mature and useful to God.
- Therefore, we desire to become useful, mature followers of Jesus, reflecting His maturity in our daily life. It should be reflected in how we talk about Him, in our love for others, and in our desire to become effective ambassadors of Jesus to the church, our community, and our world.
“…and you will be able to be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.” Acts 1:8
Following Jesus also calls us to bring Jesus Christ to our community (our Jerusalem), our region (our Judea), and to groups of people that are unlike us (our Samaria). Bringing encourages us to bring others who may not know God or who may be far from God and to walk with them and help bring them closer to God.