Is your relationship with your Bible in a good place? Are you close? Do you spend time with one another on a regular basis?
Or is it not quite what you hoped? Maybe there’s a layer of dust on it or worse, you don’t even know where it is.
On Sunday, February 4 during worship services, Pastor Ken will put forth a challenge to everyone.
The Challenge: To read through the entire New Testament by Easter (that’s about 2 months).
And each time you’re reading, simply underline something that stood out to you.
Does that sound daunting? No worries. We’re here to help you nail this challenge and it starts by making a plan!
Make A Plan
In two months, you can get through the entire New Testament by reading about 3-4 chapters per day (which for most takes about 15 minutes).
If you fall behind, don’t quit! Just head off to a coffee shop and read for an hour straight.
Here are some other ways you can accomplish this read-through:
- Get up a half hour early each day to read.
- Read a chapter before work/school, another 1-2 at lunch, another when you get home, and another right before bed.
- Listen to the audio Bible on trips to and from work/school.
- Read along with an audio Bible to help speed your reading.
- Set aside two times during the week and read for an hour each time.
- Go to bed early and read your Bible before nodding off.
- Download a Bible app to your phone or tablet and read while you’re waiting in carline.
- Instead of surfing at lunch, make a date with the Word.
We’ve put together a downloadable Reading Plan that will help you stay on track. We’ll also encourage you weekly through texts, emails and social media.
We know you can do it! We want to see Bibles marked up all over the place. And if you don’t quite make it, there’s no guilt or shame in it. Just start again. And again. And again.
Make your relationship with your Bible a priority in 2018.