- This event has passed.
Disciple Maker’s Handbook Mixed Stufy
September 29 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:30 pm on Thursday, repeating until December 15, 2022
Men and women interested in pushing further in their faith journey as disciple makers are encouraged to join this 10-week study. Learn why disciple making is an often overlooked but imperative call from our Lord as the primary way to grow His church. You are sure to be challenged and enriched as to contemplate all God has for you as a disciple maker!
Many people believe that discipleship is important, but they need help. In fact, the vast majority of Christians report that they have never been personally discipled by a more mature follower of Jesus. Is it any wonder that they have a difficult time knowing how to disciple others?
If making disciples of Jesus is the greatest cause on earth, how should we equip people to do it? This handbook is a practical guide for how to embrace the discipleship lifestyle – being a disciple of Jesus and how to make other disciples of Jesus. With contributions from pastors and teachers like Francis Chan, Jeff Vanderstelt, Bill Hull, Jim Putman, KP Yohannan, and Robert Coleman, the authors present seven elements that are necessary for disciple making to occur:
- Jesus—the original disciple maker and centerpiece of discipleship.
- Holy Spirit—fuels the disciple-making process.
- Intentionality—making disciples utilizing a strategy and a roadmap.
- Relationships—creating a loving, genuine connection with others who trust and follow Jesus.
- Bible—using the Word of God as the manual for making disciples.
- Journey—forging a traceable growth story from a new birth to spiritual parenthood.
- Multiply—reproducing the discipleship process so that the disciple becomes a disciple maker.
Whether you are a parent who wants to disciple your children, a small group leader who wants to disciple those in your group, or a church leader who wants to disciple future leaders, the seven key elements in this handbook form a framework for understanding discipleship that can be applied in countless situations. In addition, there are questions provided in each section to help you think through how to apply the material to your disciple making efforts.