Please bear with me a moment. Take a big, deep breath in. Hold it for a couple seconds. Then slowly breath back out. Ahhhhh. That’s about how the GREFC staff & Leaders have been feeling these past few weeks.
In one sense, it’s a sigh of relief. All of our fall programming has been launched. Family Meal, Kidz ROC, Immerse (Jr. High), Pathfinders, Brick Confirmation Class, Infuse (Sr. High), Women’s Bible Studies and the Love and Respect Marriage Class.
We recognize that there were a lot of changes that happened, adding to the stress of getting these programs off the ground. So we are thankful that everything went smoothly and we’re cruising right along. (If you had any part in that, be it helping with teaching, serving meals, whatever, THANK YOU!)
But on the other hand, it’s the deep breath before a taking on a big task. We realize that there’s so much yet to do. On our minds are things like:
- We have a LOT of new folks that need attention and help plugging in to our GREFC family
- We have HUGE questions facing us about the balancing act concerning our building space considering our current rate of growth
- The Elders are re-evaluating all of our ministries and how we want to move forward
- We need to launch some more community groups and rejuvenate the ones that already exist
- We have a mission trip coming up
- We’re fervently praying for leaders and do-ers in almost every area of ministry while trying to help current leaders avoid burnout
- We have quite a few events happening in October that we need to execute well
- Because of all the changes, we need to update our website, our brochures, even policies
- We’ve got the rest of the year to plan out (Christmas Tea, Thanksgiving Eve Service, Adult and Youth events, and Christmas services) while preparing for January and beyond
So, yeah. It’s busy. But it’s all a good busy. We know it’s good, because God is good and is leading us every step of the way.
You might be asking yourself, “Hmm, how can I help?” (At least I hope you’re asking yourself that.)
You can help first by going to our Leadership Learning Community on Sunday, October 9th so you can learn about and have a voice about how we are growing as a church.
Secondly, you can plan to attend our Quarterly Congregational Business Meeting. This is where we talk about church business, how ministries are doing, changes that are taking place, how we’re sitting financially, etc. It’s such a good way to learn more about what’s going on around here.
Thirdly, you can get involved. There are so many ministry areas that need help. Literally, we sometimes just need another set of hands to get the job done. So check out our Serve section below and consider helping out. Believe it or not, YOU will be the one who experiences joy when you serve God and others. It’s a win-win!
And finally, pray for the staff and leadership of our church so that we keep our eyes focused on Jesus and what HE wants for our church!
Michelle Schwake, Communications Assistant