Grand Rapids Evangelical Free Church (GREFC) started as a six-person Bible study in November of 1983. These six people had to step out in faith and made sacrifices for the vision of the future that they saw. And God honored that faith and sacrifice.
- April 1984: First public worship service held at Harris Town Hall; became a member of the North Central District Association of the Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA).
- 1993: Purchased current property on Hwy 63.
- Sept 1994: Broke ground on new building.
- April 1995: First worship service held in new building with an average attendance of 92 people.
- April 2004: Celebrated our 20th Anniversary with the dedication of a new addition to the building.
- August 2006: Added a second service; Average attendance of 181 people.
- TODAY: We are a growing congregation with an average attendance of 240 people, with 60 new families joining us in just the past 5 years.
We believe that God is going to continue to grow us in the coming years and is positioning us to see Him do great things at GREFC!
The next step in our journey as a church seems like a big one, but we need to remember that each step our founders took was a big step for them, taken with great faith and personal sacrifice.
What are you willing to do in faith and in what ways are you willing to sacrifice to see our church take it’s next step?